Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Cowboy Nursery for around $50

It's time, my baby is turning 4 months and at our house that means moving into the nursery. I really would prefer to find the pause button and keep him tiny forever, at least a little longer.  At the very least I get to spend more time in his Texas themed nursery, in honor of my sweetie boy growing up way too fast and leaving me for the first time. Here it is for y'all to enjoy:

It was soooo fun decorating McCoy's Nursery. We had all the big stuff so we could focus on the fun stuff. We really got our craft on and I think it worked out awesome.  Wade helped a ton and like always impressed me with his handy man skills.
 
 That lasso says "McCoy" just in case you can't read the messy cursive. This project was way harder than expected and not as perfect as I would like, but when compared to the $50 price tag to have one custom made it was worth it. Cost me $5 dollars for 100 feet of rope and some Elmer's glue.
 Wade made the shelves from a pallet we rummaged from the construction zone we live in. $6 for a can of stain with lots left over for future projects!
 Wade made the Texas flag from some 2x4's courtesy of Castlerock Construction.( Of course we asked before we took anything). Already had the paint, and the rope= $0!
 A $12 can of  brown paint and brushing off my art skills got us a sleeping cowboy and a fence. Did you grow up in the country?? Doesn't this totally take you back, it sure does for me.





$12 for letters from Hobby Lobby and $3 of pennies and we had his name over the crib. A buck for poster board and I added the stars.



Cowboy boots past down from  Wyatt, Brady's stuffed owl, and some keep sakes from his namesakes
gave just enough nostalgia to make this momma happy.




I wanted Mac to have something from Grandma and Grandpa Lobstein for his nursery and as a keepsake. They sent Grandpa's Sheriff Badge ! What a special and memorable gift.  I know he will cherish this gift and his family name.


 Stay tuned for a break down and instructions for each project. Comment to tell me which
  one to start with.

1 comment:

  1. Cute Cute! Love to see nursery makeovers! I can really tell you loved doing this for him and he will love it as he grows older.

    ReplyDelete